I occasionally create soft cover, Japanese stab bound books to round out my price points. They are not as labor intensive as those with full polymer clay covers. This one features a faux bone polymer element stamped with an image of a woman reading. You can see a side view and the rest of the books if you click on the picture. I'm going to list some on ebay.
My bookbinding group and I taught ourselves the Jacob's ladder today. It is *such* a fun book. Well, glue isn't that fun, so it's not terribly exciting to put it together, but once it's done the thrills begin! Of course, it wouldn't look fun in a still photograph. I would need to make a small movie to demonstrate it correctly. It looks like a simple accordion, but when you hold it a certain way all the pages miraculously flip over and show the verso side. woo wee! We made them with scrap book board. I'm hoping to make some with polymer soon.
I spent another day attempting headbands with my friends. We tried the Greek. I can't possibly photograph it to show you. Suffice it to say that it looks nothing like it's supposed to!
The ebay experience worked rather well. I have to process a few more photographs to get the next auction up. Hopefully by Friday you can bid again! I have a few necklaces and also some stab bound books.
The jury is still out on the spines for the relic book. Everyone likes the eyelets, but I think it is too difficult to get all those eyelets straight. I'm also worried about the structural integrity of the spine. The last thing I want to do is finish a class off with a really frustrating experience. "Go ahead and set 24 eyelets perfectly straight and hurry up about it!"
I sent off an application today to teach at a new art retreat in Michigan. It's called Creative Inspirations. There is an ad in this month's Cloth Paper Scissors, and there should be a website soon.