this is the last part in my series of customizing a book. i unbound tree of life; created new, thinner signatures; and added more signatures for a total of 320 pages.
i took the signatures out of the press and set them within the book covers to check on the location of the holes. at this point i was ready to bind. i used the celtic weave for two pairs of stations, and the coptic stitch for the remaining pair of stations.
this is the beginning of the binding. Ten needles were used for this book.
with so many needles and waxed linen threads, there is often a big tangly mess. i haven't found a way to eliminate that.
and the finished, rebound book.
and off in the mail to the client. i'm actually more pleased with the binding this time than the original.