i did frog the toe on the march ravelry madness socks. i reknit it and now it's perfect. i have done a few rounds, but they don't look much different from the last picture.
last month i participated in the knitting olympics and ravelympics. i did the same project for both. i used the pattern snapdragon tam by ysolda teague. i bought this pattern because half of the proceeds went to help for haiti, and i'm glad i did. these were the best directions i have ever found.
it all started out with malabrigo carrot and bonker's fibers cotton and merino.
i was worried the whole time that i was going to run out of the bonker's, and look how much i had left:
here is the tam before blocking.
and another view before blocking.
after blocking you can see the cables much more clearly.
however, there was still a lot of the band to deal with after the blocking. i think i measured my head wrong, because the tam was way too big.
so i felted it. i was a little worried that the bonker's would shrink too, but it wasn't noticeable if it did.
much better after felting.